Sunday, May 22, 2005

TEXAS LAST MEAL
BRYAN ERIC WOLFE
May 18, 2005

...the woman kept blackeyed peas in her purse for good luck...

Last Meal: Wolfe requested fried chicken legs, fried pork chops, barbecue ribs, french fries, peach cobbler and a banana.

The skinny: Wolfe, a twice-convicted robber from Louisiana was executed for the fatal stabbing of his children's 84-year-old babysitter during a robbery. The victim had been watching his two children while his wife worked.

More skinny: The body of the 84 year old woman was found on the floor of hereaumont home with 26 stab wounds to the head, trunk, and abdomen. Her coin purse, missing cash, was found on the floor near her body. Some blackeyed peas were scattered on the floor. Witnesses testified that the woman kept blackeyed peas in her purse for good luck. The residence showed no sign of forced entry. Wolfe, who lived in the same neighborhood as the victim, was seen within a few blocks of the crime scene shortly before and shortly after the murder. Blood collected from throughout the victim’s home was tested and confirmed through DNA testing as coming from Wolfe. Wolfe was previously convicted in Kansas in 1985 for robbery, and in Louisiana for robbery in 1990.

The alibi...church and beer...In a statement to police, Wolfe said that he had never met the victim and was at a church barbecue all afternoon on the day of the killing. He said that he cut his hand on a broken beer bottle.

Last words and such: In a final statement while strapped to a gurney in the death chamber, Wolfe thanked family and friends for their support during the years leading up to his execution. "I will be OK. I am at peace with all of this and I won't have to wake up in prison any more. I love you all. I totally surrender to the Lord. I am ready, Warden."

Factoids: Wolfe was the...

24th murderer executed in U.S. in 2005
968th murderer executed in U.S. since 1976
7th murderer executed in Texas in 2005
343rd murderer executed in Texas since 1976

Looking for Aussie pen-pals: My name is Bryan Eric Wolfe. I'm 35 years old, a native Black American, who is currently on death row in the State of Texas.

I'm looking for a pen-pal. I would like to write someone from Australia who's interested in writing to me. All I ask is this person be very understanding of my present position of Death Row.

I'm a very open-minded person who enjoys lots of hobbies such as reading, craft works, arts and drawing, playing basketball, etc. I've been on Death Row for 2 years now and hopefully I can learn many things about the country of Australia.

Bryan E Wolfe #999079