Monday, November 10, 2008

TEXAS LAST MEAL
ALVIN ANDREW KELLY
October 14, 2008


Last meal: Kelly had a final meal request of the Lord's Supper.

Last words and such: Kelly said in his last statement to the members of one of his victim's family, "I offer my sorrow, and my heart goes out to y'all. I know you believe that you're going to have closure tonight. As I stand before God today, the true Judge, I had nothing to do with the death of your family."

Kelly then asked for forgiveness for a another murder he had committed, "...because I do stand guilty for my involvement for that."

Kelly also thanked his family, his friends, and God. As the lethal injection was administered, he sang, "Thank You, Lord Jesus, for coming into my life. You walked with me through prison. Thank You, Lord Jesus, because You died for me. Thank You, Lord Jesus, for remembering me."